We have some great events for February and hope that everyone can attend!
We would like to thank everyone for their patience as renovations continue on all apartments. Don’t forget to renew ASAP to enjoy your new apartments for another year!
- Trash chutes are available on each floor next to elevator one for your convenience. In the event that the chutes are full, please place trash items in the dumpsters provided in the top parking lot. Not adhering to this policy will result in a fine of $25 per item/bag.
- If you are the owner of one of our beloved furry residents, please be sure you are picking up after Fido when they do their business both outside and inside the community. Not picking up after your pet will result in a fine of $25 per incident.
Reminders & Updates
- Residents must ALWAYS include their FULL ADDRESS, including unit number and bed space, for all packages and mail! Please DO NOT include your mailbox number in your address.
- Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., Friday from 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., and Sunday from 1:00–5:00 p.m.
- Parking passes are required for both upper and lower lots. If a guest will be visiting between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m., please pick up a visitor pass at the front desk during regular office hours. Residents will need to provide vehicle information (make/model, color, and license plate #) in order for a pass to be issued. You can email all of this information to us ahead of time, and your guest can pick up the pass (you will not have to sign for it if you email us).
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency maintenance issue? Please call (252) 227-4644, select the prompt corresponding with your issue, and the appropriate person will get back to you as soon as possible!
- For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues or event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Thomas Richardson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Community Event Calendar
The Big Game — February 5 — Join us in the studio model for game day snacks, drinks, and the big game!
Trivia Tuesdays — February 7, 14, and 21 — Look on our social media for trivia questions, and win a prize if you’re the first to guess correctly!
Traveling Cupid — February 10 — Create and fill out your own little Valentine card to give to that special someone or your best friend! We’ll deliver them on February 14.
Pancake Breakfast — February 13 — Enjoy fresh, hot pancakes on us made by Chef Thomas!
Yappy Hour — February 27 — Bring your furry friends in to play in our clubhouse!