It’s finally time to take a break and refresh for spring semester classes. Have a safe and happy break!
We can’t wait for everyone to come back — there are some great events planned for January!
- Don’t forget to clear your fridge of any items that may spoil, and take out your trash so you don’t come home to an unwanted smell in your apartment.
- Make sure you set your A/C to auto at 70 degrees before leaving for the break to prevent pipes from freezing.
Reminders & Updates
- Residents must ALWAYS include their FULL ADDRESS, including unit number and bed space, for all packages and mail! Please DO NOT include your mailbox number in your address.
- Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m., Friday from 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., and Sunday from 1:00–5:00 p.m.
- Parking passes are required for both upper and lower lots. If a guest will be visiting between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m., please pick up a visitor pass at the front desk during regular office hours. Residents will need to provide vehicle information (make/model, color, and license plate #) in order for a pass to be issued. You can email all of this information to us ahead of time, and your guest can pick up the pass (you will not have to sign for it if you email us).
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency maintenance issue? Please call (252) 227-4644, select the prompt corresponding with your issue, and the appropriate person will get back to you as soon as possible!
- For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues or event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Thomas Richardson, at email@example.com.
Turning Resolutions into Reality
Did you know that only 8% of people are successful in keeping their New Year’s resolutions? While that may sound discouraging, there are some very practical ways to beat the odds and see success this year! Whether you make New Year’s resolutions or are one of the 38% of Americans who absolutely never makes them, anyone will benefit from a commitment to continuous improvement. Here are some tips for a successful 2017 — and beyond:
Define your “why”: Whether your goal is to improve your GPA or get in better shape, create a “why” statement for any goal you have. Achieving goals can be challenging, so make sure you stay motivated by keeping the purpose in mind!
Write it down: According to numerous studies, the simple act of writing down your goals increases your likelihood of success significantly. When you write down your goals, make them specific and measurable, and put your goals somewhere you will see them.
Tell a friend: Another factor shown to increase your likelihood of success is telling a friend about your goals. You increase success even more when you share progress reports with them.
Take action: Always ask the simple and powerful question, “Is what I am doing getting me closer to where I want to be?” If the answer is yes, keep going! If no, try to make progress by taking even a small step in the right direction.
Enjoy the journey: Remember that much of the benefit of intentional improvement comes in the process, so take time to reflect, assess, and enjoy the journey!
As a resident at a Campus Advantage community, we are committed to much more than providing you a great place to live. Our mission is also to help create rewarding living, learning, and career experiences. Whether it’s referring you to a campus resource or just talking through your goals with someone on our team, please let us know how we can help you make this the best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
New Year’s Resolution Letter — January 6 — Write a letter to your future self about what you want to accomplish this upcoming year. Put it in a lockbox, and we’ll open them again at the end of the year to see what you’ve accomplished!
Design on Wheels — January 11 — Wine & Design will provide a class on wheels where they send an artist and all the supplies to do a painting class in our clubhouse for our residents.
Soup and Sandwich — January 26 — Come warm up with a hot bowl of delicious soup and grilled cheese in the clubhouse!