To current residents, we hope you all had a wonderful summer! We’re so excited to have another year with you here at First Street Place.
New residents, the First Street Place team is very excited to have you with us for the 2017–2018 year! We hope you can call First Street Place your home and have a blast here.
We have a ton of events going on in August, which we hope you can all be a part of!
- Trash chutes are available on each floor next to Elevator 1 for your convenience. In the event that the chutes are full, please place trash items in the dumpsters provided in the top parking lot. Not adhering to this policy will result in a fine of $25 per item/bag.
- If you are the owner of one of our beloved furry residents, please be sure you are picking up after Fido when they do their business both outside and inside the community. Not picking up after your pet will result in a fine of $25 per incident.
- To contact emergency maintenance after the office has closed, please call (252) 227-4644 and select the emergency maintenance option. An emergency is considered any significant leak that does not stop, A/C not working if it is hotter than 85 degrees outside, loss of power to all or part of the apartment, and clogged plumbing/toilet only if there is no other toilet available in your apartment for use. If you are unable to reach emergency maintenance for any reason, please see the courtesy officer at the front desk, and do not knock on doors of residents or staff.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Thursday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Friday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Parking passes are required for both upper and lower lots. If a guest will be visiting between 7 p.m. and 9 a.m., please pick up a visitor pass at the front desk during regular office hours. Residents will need to provide vehicle information (make/model, color, and license plate #) in order for a pass to be issued. Guests can only park in the lower parking lot. The upper parking lot is only available for residents that pay for a pass. Towing is enforced 24/7 in this lot. You can email all of this information to us ahead of time and your guest can pick up the pass (you will not have to sign for it if you email)!
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency maintenance issue? Please call (252) 227-4644, select the prompt corresponding with your issue, and the appropriate person will get back to you as soon as possible!
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Tie-Dye T-shirts — August 15 @ 2 p.m. — Tie-dye your favorite shirt or a new FSP shirt!
Make Your Own Dream Board — August 16 @ 7 p.m. — Come down and set some future goals!
Grocery BINGO — August 17 @ 2 p.m. — Who doesn’t love FREE groceries? Take your chance and play to stock up your apartment!
Back-to-School Bash — August 18 — Take a break before school and celebrate with free food, games, and fun!