We hope everyone is doing well as the semester comes to a close, and we want to wish you all good luck on your finals! We have lots of fun spring events for April which we hope to see you all at. Be sure to check out the resident event board in the lobby, and join our Facebook group (2017-2018 FSP Residents) for even more updates!
- Trash chutes are available on each floor next to Elevator 1 for your convenience. In the event that the chutes are full, please place trash items in the dumpsters provided in the top parking lot. Not adhering to this policy will result in a fine of $25 per item/bag.
- If you are the owner of one of our beloved furry residents, please be sure you are picking up after Fido when they do their business both outside and inside the community. Not picking up after your pet will result in a fine of $25 per incident.
- To contact emergency maintenance after the office has closed, please call (252) 227-4644 and select the emergency maintenance option. An emergency is considered any significant leak that does not stop, A/C not working if it is hotter than 85 degrees outside, loss of power to all or part of the apartment, and clogged plumbing/toilet only if there is no other toilet available in your apartment for use. If you are unable to reach emergency maintenance for any reason, please see the courtesy officer at the front desk, and do not knock on doors of residents or staff.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Thursday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Friday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Parking passes are required for both upper and lower lots. If a guest will be visiting between 7 p.m. and 9 a.m., please pick up a visitor pass at the front desk during regular office hours.
- Residents will need to provide vehicle information (make/model, color, and license plate #) in order for a pass to be issued. Guests can only park in the lower parking lot. The upper parking lot is only available for residents that pay for a pass. Towing is enforced 24/7 in this lot. You can email all of this information to us ahead of time and your guest can pick up the pass (you will not have to sign for it if you email)!
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency maintenance issue? Please call (252) 227-4644, select the prompt corresponding with your issue, and the appropriate person will get back to you as soon as possible!
Lock Down That Internship with the Right Tools
In the coming months, universities across the nation will be partnering with businesses to fill internships for the summer and fall semesters. Internships are a great way to fast-track your career and gain valuable experience in the field you’re interested in. Landing the perfect internship may not be the easiest journey, but if you’re equipped with the right tools, achieving that dream opportunity is within reach!
In a 2017 article, Forbes stated, “Resumes are the gateway into the interview, and into the job. The importance of a well-constructed resume cannot be overlooked.” When you’re applying for an internship with that dream company, having a killer resume will push you to the top of the list.
By choosing to live at a Campus Advantage community, you already have access to an arsenal of professional success tools. One that could be really useful is the resume critiquing tool in our Career Success Portal. To access the tool, just log on to CareerSuccessPortal.com!